Hello Sequoia Families,
Do not forget today is Wednesday, an early-out day. ALL students 1st-5th get dismissed at 1:25pm. Please be patient with the pick-up zone traffic. A staff member will come to you to ask you for your child’s name and we will call them on the speaker. Please remember the following:
- Adults stay in their car at all times. Do not get out of your car to open doors or trunks.
- Students must enter the vehicle on the passenger side of the car only. Make sure you have moved infant car-seats to the driver’s side of the car.
- Please use side-walk. Do not walk through our parking lot/ drop-off zone.
- PLEASE move forward all the way to parking spot #0, even if you see your child on the other side of the curve.
- Remind your children every day to be alert and look for their car during dismissal. Reinforce that this is not time to play. They must be ready with their backpacks near. Once they’ve seen you, they NEED to make eye contact with staff or tell us their ride is here.
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Children who are 8 years of age OR have reached 4’9” in height may be secured by a booster seat, but at a minimum must be secured by a safety belt. (California Vehicle Code Section 27363.)
- Kinder parents ONLY: You must stay in your car till you see your child or your child’s teacher is out with the class. Just then, you may get out and quickly pick-up your child. Your car must not be unattended any other time. Do not park in our drop-off/pick-up zone and leave your car to use the restroom, come to the office, or sit on the benches.
Thank you for your patience.
Glendaly Gascot, Principal