The main goals of Outreach are to improve school-wide communication and to help build a sense of community among our geographically diverse families through planned social activities, welcoming/outreach to new families, connecting people with needed resources, and improving school-wide communications.
Some of our activities to date have included:
- Meet-and-Greet Tables at All-in-One-Day and on the First Day of School
- Kindergarten Sneaky Peek (Orientation Day)
- Kindergarten Park Play date
- Kindergarten “Buddy” Program for all new Sequoia Families
- Family Board Game Nights
- Family Movie Nights
- Parent Education Speaker Nights and Assemblies
- “Helping Hands” coordination of school-wide parent volunteers assisting Sequoia families-in-need.