Red Ribbon Week 2017
Red Ribbon Week, celebrated nationwide, is a time for Sequoia families to focus on making healthy choices in our everyday lives. Red Ribbon Committee coordinators develop age-appropriate ways to educate and inform our children about how they can stay healthy as they grow. Please remember to ask your children about what they learn during the week and support their interest to make good choices every day.
This year, we had two different school challenges for the week. The first challenge was the school wide school spirit activity, where students and teachers dressed up for each designated spirit wear day. Our student council went around to each classroom every day to tally which classroom had the most participation. We offered teachers an incentive to get students excited. We had 3 classes where we had almost 100% participation in the spirit challenge for the whole week: Mrs. Altman, Mrs. Ramirez & Mrs. Felton’s classes!
- Kinder: Areeba Hassan in Ms. Spakousky’s class
- 1st grade: Lily Jones in Mrs. Erb’s Class
- 2nd grade: Andres Morales in Mrs. C.Smith’s class
- 3rd grade: Isabella Eberly in Mrs. Torchia’s class
- 4th grade: Izel Carcamo in Mrs. Clack’s class
- 5th grade: Camilla Young in Mrs. Ricard’s class